Friday, September 29, 2017

I will go, I will do






Hey everyone!  Hope all is going well.  Here in the Valencia Zone, things are going great!

We played volleyball as a zone on Monday, but the good stuff didn't really start out until later in the week.  On Wednesday, some Sisters in our zone had one of their converts being baptized, so we got the joy of filling the font for them.  We did a mini exchange, so Elder Kerr and I went and did it, and knocked for a little bit.  Just like old times, me and him knocking.  Later that night we stopped by a recent move in, in our complex that was referred to us by a member, and we were able to teach him and pick him up as a new investigator.  Member missionaries are where it's at!  We were able to make contact with a part member family as well, that we'll be working with.

We were able to do a lot of finding this week.  We have spent more time knocking, just searching for those with real intent.  We came across this guy while he was leaving for the store, and we were able to talk with him.  We hit him with some inspired questions that made him think, yet would change a lot for him if these things are true.  We have a return appointment with him this week.

We also have seen some fruits from our labors.  We talked to a big body builder the other day in the parking lot, with a German Shepherd and Golden Retriever, turns out he was an inactive member, with a non member wife.  We were able to go back and talk with him and his wife, it was a good lesson.  Though he hasn't been to church for years, he just finished the Book of Mormon again, and was able to really testify to his wife.  It sure was cool!

On Sunday it was the primary program and there were some really good songs that were sung.  It's always great to hear the little innocent kids and their testimonies.  One of my all time favorite songs they sung; I will go, I will do.

We got transfers news, and I'm staying in Wiley Canyon.  This will be my 3rd transfer here, which will be the longest I'll have been in an area.  Elder Nykamp is staying as well, which is great!

I hope you all have a great week, and have a chance to watch General Conference this weekend. Please keep all those involved in natural disasters in your prayers.

I love you and miss you all!
Elder Martin


Scariest door I've knocked.



Cool scenery



1-800- Rusty Pipe



Elder Kerr, Josh Mai (recent convert that Elder Kerr and I taught) me



"I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth."  1 Nephi 3:7

No comments:

Post a Comment