Tuesday, December 5, 2017

The Book is blue, the church it true






I've got some news!  I'm now going to be referred to as "Colby" and not "Elder Martin".  I'm not going to be wearing a shirt and tie, nor a name tag- and no, I'm not going home.  Our mission is going to be part of the Book of Mormon Experiment that the church is doing.  They're rolling this experiment out in 3 or 4 missions, and we're one of them.  So we are going to be looking like normal members hosting this experiment.  It'll be awesome!  There will definitely be more details next week afterwards, and I'll let you all know, but man am I excited!

This week was really good!  On Monday, we went and had our p-day, but at the end, we hit the Korean BBQ with our good friend Luke.  Afterwards, we had a lesson with a part member family in our YSA ward.


Kogiya with Luke- he made me try cow tongue and squid.





On Tuesday we had interviews with President Henrie, which are always good.  This time around, I didn't stick around the whole time and go to lunch with him, but it was still a good interview.  My mission has been such a blessing in my life!  We were able to meet with our good friend Mel, as well, and put him on date for baptism, which is great!  He has such a desire to follow Christ!

On Wednesday, we spent a lot of time at CSUN and did a little booth there again.  There was a particular person that was pretty cool to talk to.  This kid was skating by, after class, and I tried talking to him, and he lost his board.  So I chased his board down and got it for him, so when he felt inclined to talk- shared the Restoration with him and set a return appointment.  His name was Jaime, and he's a real good kid.  We had dinner at a recent converts house in the family ward, and he smoked some tri-tip, top sirloin, and chicken for us- HOLY GOODNESS.

We had district meeting on Thursday and made a quick run to Pierce College, as well to check to see if we can do booths there.  It's a pretty cool campus.  I'm gonna come here after my mission, okay mom? 



Pierce College




We also ran into a guy named Luis and he was just listening to music, but we were able to stop him and share a little.  We were able to meet with him again on Sunday after church and he was prepared.  He's a super good guy.  He wants to come closer to God.  We'll be meeting with him regularly from now on.

Friday we had 3 lessons.  They all went super well.  One with Doug, one with Mike, and one with Jaime.  Jaime said "where can I get a Book of Mormon?" right as we met up with him again.  How cool?  I also hit my official 18 month mark...time sure does fly.

Saturday and Sunday were good.  We had a ward party on Saturday and took some good pictures.  On SUnday we had church and Jaime came.  He loved it too!  I love seeing the Gospel change people's lives!  The Book is blue, the church is true.

I love you all!

Colby



YSA Christmas party






"The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others."  
President Gordon B. Hinkley

No comments:

Post a Comment