Wednesday, June 1, 2016

The worst best day

On Tuesday, May 31, Colby was set apart as a missionary by our Stake President.  It was a very emotional experience for all of us.  He had an opportunity to visit for a while and say his goodbyes to everyone.  Wednesday, he had to report to the MTC at 1:15.  We stopped and had lunch on the way down, Mexican food, his choice.






After lunch, we headed down to Provo.  We had a little time to spare, and I was definitely going to keep him with me for every second I could.  We stopped at the Provo City Center Temple and walked  around the grounds until it was time to go.  




It was a very short ride to the MTC.  For me, the experience was every bit as hard as I thought it would be.  Hardest thing I've ever done, watching him walk away.  I love you, Elder Martin.





"We cannot foresee what the Lord has in mind for us.  Our only course of action is to be prepared and 
worthy for whatever he requires." M. Russell Ballard

No comments:

Post a Comment