Monday, April 23, 2018

The Final Countdown...bye bye YSA




Hey everyone!  Sorry this is going to be a really short email this week!  We had a lot going on this week.  Mainly teaching- We taught a lot of lessons that all went great.  Luckily for me, I haven't been a part of any "bad" lessons lately.  The Spirit has been with us as we teach, which is crucial.  The nearer I've gotten to the end of my mission, the more I recognize how little I, as a missionary actually do.  The Lord truly does prepare the elect to receive the Gospel and it's up to us as the missionaries to be disciplined in all that we do so the Lord trusts us with his precious children.

My good friend Ramin was able to be baptized this last week as well, which is always so cool to be a part of.  I love being able to witness others come unto Christ.  I especially love their testimony they share after.  Ramin mentioned "Mormons are the nicest people- it's because they follow Jesus Christ and His Gospel."  It was simple, but powerful.  We celebrated by going to In 'n' Out  afterward.  On Sunday he was confirmed and Qaseem also received the priesthood!













We got transfer calls as well, and for my last 6 weeks, I'm being shipped out of YSA and Woodland Hills.  I'm heading BACK up to Santa Clarita to be in the Canyon Country ward with Elder Ybarguen.  (Funny side note; Elder Howell, Elder Oswald, and Elder Ybarguen all knew each other before the mission being from Idaho Falls.  I got the 3 musketeers of Idahoans in the last 4 transfers.)

I know the Gospel is true.  I've lived it.  I've seen it change my life, and the lives of others.

I love every single one of you!
Elder Martin
















"If you listen for the voice of the Father, He will lead you on a course that will allow you to experience the pure love of Christ."  Dieter F. Uchtdorf

No comments:

Post a Comment