Monday, April 30, 2018

First Week of the Last Transfer

Hello everybody!  We had a great week here in California!  Time's a ticking.  We had transfers on Tuesday, to begin my last transfer.  I got my new companion, Elder Ybarguen.  He's the man!





Things are going awesome for us here in Santa Clarita!  The weather is good, we have a baptism coming up, and things are just going well all around!  We spent a lot of time knocking this week.  We were able to find a couple new investigators, which is always good.







We were able to have lessons with out current investigators, as well.  Two in particular, Priscilla and Samira: here's a quick experience Elder Ybarguen shared in his email-

   "We had a really good lesson with Priscilla and Samira this week.  They are doing so good and they moved their baptism to May 18 (one day earlier) so that Priscilla's daughter, Sonya, a convert of about 5 years, can come!  I am so excited for them and they are so ready!  I am grateful to be part of their conversion process!  During our lesson last night, Samira (10 years old)  ripped a small fart.  She blamed it on her 26 year old sister, Sonya.  As they were arguing about who did it,Samira ripped a MASSIVE one!  Elder Martin and I were laughing so hard that we were crying and Priscilla started gagging!!!!  It was so funny!  We lost the dog during this process and Priscilla said "Where is Rosie?"  Sonya said, "She's dead."  HAHAHA  It was so funny!  They are so awesome and I am so excited for them!"

We had dinner with an awesome family in our ward, the Millers.  They are always so good to us.  Brother Miller has a reputation in the mission for giving the Elders WAY too much ice cream.  He puts it in a massive bowl and he calls it the "Miller Bowl".  It is half a carton of ice cream!  Elder Ybarguen and I both decided to give it a go, and somehow, we both got it done after eating 2 cheeseburgers each for dinner.  I was so stoked to get it done, but I almost threw up.  Good times!








We were able to have a couple people come to church, which is awesome.  I got called out of nowhere to go up and introduce myself and bear my testimony, which is chill, but it caught me off guard.  But things are going great, I love it here in the mission!

I love that I get to share this great message, that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth- precious truths for us to learn and live!  I hope that all of us will do what it takes to seek out these truths, and apply them in our lives.  I know the Gospel can and will change you!

I hope you all have a great week, I love you!

Elder Martin















"Jesus smiled at, talked with, walked with, listened to, made time for, encouraged, taught,  fed & forgave.  He served family & friends, neighbors & strangers alike, & he invited acquaintances & loved ones to enjoy the rich blessings of His Gospel.  Those 'simple' acts of service & love provide a template for our ministering today."  
Jean B. Bingham

No comments:

Post a Comment