Tuesday, May 29, 2018

103 Down, 1 To Go






103 down, 1 to go.  That's the weeks of my mission- I have been so grateful for the opportunity that I've had to serve my mission.  My mission President has always said that a mission "isn't a gift to God, it's a gift from God."  That is truly the case.  I have learned so many eternal truths in the 2 years I've been in the Great San Fernando California mission.  The greatest of these truths is that God know each and every one of us and He loves us.  I have felt that love, and I have seen others feel and recognize His love in their lives too.

It was a great week, this week.  I was able to witness 3 people that I had the opportunity to teach, enter the waters of baptism.  What a joyful time!

We spent so much time knocking again.  On Tuesday morning, we got a call from President to get some elders together to help out an organization called "Family Promises" for the next day.  We weren't too sure what we'd be doing.  As we were knocking on Tuesday, the second to the last door we knocked, a guy told us they were moving the next day.  We offered to help, and he said "it's okay, we have help from an organization called Family Promises."  Sure enough, on Wednesday morning we were at his house again with this organization to help them move some stuff.  He opened up and asked some good questions and he was able to learn a little bit about the Restored Gospel.  We have been knocking a lot and talking to some really cool people.

On Friday, we did some knocking in the morning before it was time for us to head over and fill the font for the baptisms.  Elder Ybarguen baptized Priscilla, and I was asked to baptize Samira.  There was a ton of support from the ward, as well.  The program was very spiritual- the opening hymn was "When I Am Baptized" in the children's songbook, and the closing hymn was "I Know that My Redeemer Lives", which are two songs that instantly invite the Spirit. 


Elder Martin, Priscilla, Samira, Elder Ybarguen



Saturday morning we traveled down to Woodland Hills to witness Imelda's baptism as well.  She received a warm welcome to the ward and was overcome with the Spirit.  I love seeing people feel the Spirit and the joy that comes from the Gospel.  I have seen it change peoples lives, including my own. 



Imelda's baptsim



Sunday, Elder Ybarguen confirmed Priscilla, and I confirmed Samira.  They love the Gospel.  Samira loves Primary, and Priscilla has just been swarmed in Relief Society.  This ward is great with unfamiliar faces and making sure they're comfortable.  It has been a great ward to end my mission in.

On Memorial Day, we did what we could to find people to teach.  We went to parks to find families to teach, but apparently that's a thing of the past.  We had din-din with Sister Wallace again.  This is the older lady in our ward that has us over and puts way too much on our plate...I had vegetables and more vegetables.  She kept piling them on my plate, and so did Eric Aubrey, a hilarious kid that we bring with us.  The other older ladies that were there kept asking why I was getting any meat, I was asking myself the same thing,  But when I finished one plate of veggies, she loaded me up again.  I got full on veggies...that's enough for the next couple of weeks. 



Veggie overload



I hope everyone enjoys the last week of May and the first part of June!  I'm going to do the same!  Thank you all for the love and support you've given me over the last two years!  I'll hear from some of you next week, and SEE others of you next week!

I love you all!

Elder Martin

PS Happy Birthday Parker!





Ice cream...again.









"We come to know the Savior as we do our best to go where He wants us to go, as we strive to say what He wants us to say, and as we become what He wants us to become."  David A. Bednar

No comments:

Post a Comment