Wednesday, July 6, 2016

No details, unless you ask




We love getting emails and letters  notes from Colby (Elder Martin), especially when he shares details of his experiences.  But I'm finding out that I have to ask more questions, or the right questions.  After being there for 2 weeks, I'm just hearing that he and his companion share an apartment with the zone leaders. And I'm not even sure what roundabout way I got that info.


Elder Martin's letter;




A little info about the chicken/egg salad sandwiches- our family loves chicken salad sandwiches. Everyone that is, except Colby.  We have tried for years to get him to even try them, he has refused. We actually joked about it before he left, I served chicken salad at his farewell luncheon.  And he hates eggs of any kind, so I'm pretty sure he didn't eat the egg salad sandwiches.

I asked him what he did to help poor Elder Jensen, did he get him some ice or something?  No, he just laughed until he cried.  Everyone should have a friend like that.

Before he left, I wondered how I would handle him being gone.  I can say that I have been very blessed with comfort and peace, since he became a missionary.  I miss him, but I have not been worried, and I am a worrier.  I am so grateful for Heavenly Father's tender mercies.  I know that he is exactly where he should be.  Colby has always been so kind and obedient, and I think many will reap the benefits from his huge heart.  We are so grateful that he has chose to serve, and we know he and all those he meets will be blessed.

He said several times that he "loves" Burbank.  It was making me a little nervous.  What if he loved it so much he moved there?  So, I asked.  He doesn't love it that much.  Whew!






The view from his church




Fireworks- from his balcony


" It is impossible for us to fail when we do our best  when we are on the Lord's errand."  
M. Russell Ballard

No comments:

Post a Comment